Care for your Fine Art Print
The archival life and longevity of colour are dependent on several factors besides the initial use of quality archival materials meeting museum standards.
To ensure that your prints will last you a lifetime there are a few basic guidelines you should adhere to:
- Take care when removing your print from the protective packaging that it is delivered in as finger prints from glossy surfaces can be extremely difficult to remove and scratches impossible.
- We recommend as soon as possible your photographic print be professionally mounted and framed using acid-free products behind glass or other UV filtering material to protect them from environmental and atmospheric contaminants such as cigarette smoke, high levels of ozone and humidity.
- Do not hang the print in direct sunlight or near a source of heat as this will drastically effect the colour stability of the image over time.
- Do not hang the print in areas of high humidity as besides being detrimental to the print its self, it can cause wooden frames to twist and bend. The bathroom or similar wet areas are not a good place for any artwork.
- If you are unable to frame your print immediately then it should be stored in its protective packaging away from heat, humidity or sunlight. Preferably in a cool dark place.
Please remember these are only guidelines and it is up to the customer to take care of their print to maximise it’s lifespan.
Should you wish to purchase products that are suitable for hanging in high humidity, wet or outdoor environments please contact us for suitable recommendations.
For example we can offer an aluminium product where by the image is pressed directly onto an aluminium sheet which provides a waterproof finish and is perfect for bathrooms, kitchens and alfresco areas.